Join the Nanaimo Foundation and the Tom Harris Community Foundation in providing relief to the critical needs of our community during the COVID-19 crisis.
Raised so far
Disbursed so far
click here for details
Through the Government of Canada’s Emergency Community Support Fund, the Nanaimo Foundation has invested an additional $167,310 towards local charities supporting vulnerable populations. Click here for details on the ECSF.
Thank you CHEK News, Island musicians and Islanders for raising $194,686 during the Rock for Relief weekend!
Additional ways to make donations
Cheques must be payable to the Nanaimo Foundation.
Note ‘Community Response Fund’ in the cheque memo line.
Mail cheque to the Nanaimo Foundation at 205 – 75 Front Street, Nanaimo, BC V9R 5H9.
A charitable tax receipt will be mailed to you.
- On your bank account, set up the Nanaimo Foundation as a new e-Transfer recipient:
- Name – Nanaimo Foundation
- Email – [email protected]
- Preferred Language – English
- Send e-Transfer by – Email (Nanaimo Foundation cannot accept e-Transfers by phone)
- On your bank account, send the e-Transfer to [email protected] and enter “Community Response Fund” in the message field. E-transfers sent to this email are automatically accepted, security questions are not required.
- Important: Send an email to [email protected] with your name and address so we know where to send the tax receipt.
- You will receive confirmation of receipt of your donation and we will issue you with a tax receipt.
About the Community Response Fund
Donors of the Nanaimo Foundation and the Tom Harris Community Foundation contributed a total of $150,000 to launch the Community Response Fund on March 26th to provide relief to the critical needs of our community during this unprecedented time.
The Community Response Fund is disbursing funds on a rolling basis to local charities that are addressing urgent community needs due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Thank you to many donors who have contributed to the Community Response Fund. Your support is helping those in our community most affected by the pandemic.
The first phase of funding has provided grants to charities within the boundaries of School District 68 that work to address the following priority areas:
• Food security among our vulnerable community members
• Assisting our vulnerable seniors with the challenges they are facing from isolation
• Housing needs of low-income families caused by COVID-19 related closures
Download our news release here.
Request consideration for funding
The Nanaimo Community Response Fund is disbursing funds on a rolling basis to charities within the boundaries of School District 68 that are addressing urgent community needs due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Click here to make a request for funding consideration.
Donations from residents of north Vancouver Island communities have been disbursed to community foundations in those regions. Please reach out to your local community foundation to request funding.