Dave Wallace Legacy Fund
The Dave Wallace Legacy Fund was established in July 2021 in partnership with JE Anderson & Associates in honour of Dave’s community involvement.
Dave always believed it should be about the game and the kids getting to play it. Dave’s Legacy Fund will provide an opportunity for youth in the north Island community to participate in the Royals program, who otherwise wouldn’t be financially able. The fund will also provide financing for annual scholarships as well as capital purchases for the organization when possible.
Dave will always be remembered for his countless volunteer hours with Oceanside Minor Baseball and the Parksville Royals, also:
Oceanside Little League coach (1988 -1992)
President of Oceanside Minor Baseball (1992 – 1994) and
Head coach of the Parksville Royals (1994 – 2016).
Dave was integral in the creation of the 5 team Island Premier Baseball League and what is now known today as the Premier Baseball League (PBL) which has grown into 3 divisions and 28 teams.
Dave’s tireless commitment enabled thousands of players an avenue to play a higher level of baseball, with many going on to play at the collegiate and professional levels.
Dave also served as an executive member and president of District 69 Minor Hockey Association from 1982 to 1991.
His commitment to giving back to the community and to the local sports community is what his true legacy will always be.
Make a gift in Dave’s honour
Additional ways to make a donation
Cheques must be payable to Nanaimo Foundation.
Note ‘Dave Wallace Legacy Fund’ in the cheque memo line.
Mail cheque to Nanaimo Foundation at PO Box 282 Stn A Nanaimo BC V9R 5K9
A charitable tax receipt will be mailed to you.
- On your bank account, set up Nanaimo Foundation as a new e-Transfer recipient:
- Name – Nanaimo Foundation
- Email – [email protected]
- Preferred Language – English
- Send e-Transfer by – Email (Nanaimo Foundation cannot accept e-Transfers by phone)
- On your bank account, send the e-Transfer to [email protected] and enter “Dave Wallace Legacy Fund” in the message field. E-transfers sent to this email are automatically accepted, security questions are not required.
- Important: Send an email to [email protected] with your name and address so we know where to send the tax receipt.
- You will receive confirmation of receipt of your donation and we will issue you with a tax receipt.