RBC Future Launch Community Challenge
Today’s problems need more than yesterday’s solutions. We need bold new thinking to help meet the challenges of the future. We need young voices at the decision-making table to help build a strong and vibrant Greater Nanaimo community.
The Nanaimo Foundation is pleased to host the RBC Future Launch Community Challenge, and to make up to $15,000 available to youth-led projects in Nanaimo, Ladysmith, Cedar, Gabriola Island and Lantzville that will respond to one central question:
What is your boldest idea
to respond to an
urgent local need?
By applying for a grant and bringing a local project to life, youth will have opportunities to lead, learn new skills, gain experience, and build relationships in their local communities — all things that will help them prepare for the future of work.
- To be considered eligible, youth, aged 15-29, will lead the creation, design, and/or implementation of the projects that respond to an urgent local need in our community.
- Grants of up to $15,000 are available.
- Projects may take place between November 2019 and August 2020.
- All eligible applications must be submitted by a partnership between youth and a partner charitable organization.
- Applications may be submitted by youth or by the partner organization.
- Each application will be required to demonstrate the role played by both youth and the partner organization. Each grant will be made to the partner organization, who would accept it on behalf of the partnership.
Applications will be accepted until September 30, 2019, however a draft application must be submitted by end of day September 18, 2019.
To learn more about eligible projects and how to apply, download the Applicant Guide
The Application Process
All applications to the RBC Future Launch Community Challenge will be received through the online platform at flchallenge.defioa.io. Hard copies or email attachments will not be accepted.
Here are a useful few tips:
- We recommend that you use the sample application in the Applicant Guide to prepare your answers
- Once you are ready to apply, navigate to flchallenge.defioa.io
- Click the “register” button in the top right corner to create an account
- Begin completing answering the questions in each section
- You’ll be able to save your answers as you go
- All questions must be complete before the application can be submitted.
We look forward to receiving your application by September 30, 2019!
If you have questions about the RBC Future Launch Community Challenge or would like support in partnering with a local charitable organization, please reach out to
Email: [email protected]
This Community Challenge goes far beyond our local communities, participating community foundations will make grants and learning opportunities available to youth-led initiatives in 150 communities from coast to coast to coast.
The RBC Future Launch Community Challenge is made possible thanks to support from the RBC Foundation, and is part of RBC Future Launch, a commitment to empower Canadian youth for the jobs of tomorrow.
In the spring of 2020, the Nanaimo Foundation will be hosting a ‘Vital Conversation’ bringing together youth and community members to talk about local priorities.
Interest in participating in this community dialogue focused on creating a better future together can be directed towards Nanaimo Foundation Executive Director Laurie Bienert at [email protected].