We know the power of a community when we come together.
In 2020, generous donations of all sizes turned into $700,000 in COVID relief funding for our community. We are proud, as your community foundation, to have worked beside you in responding to the COVID-19 crisis. We want to provide the opportunity for people in need in our community to always have access to funding that will effectively address those needs.
Give Where You Live Grants will be disbursed on an ongoing basis to the areas of greatest need in Nanaimo, Ladysmith, Cedar, Gabriola Island and Lantzville.
This is an opportunity for individuals and businesses to support local needs.
If you are interested in learning about Give Where You Live employee matching or payroll giving options, please contact Laurie Bienert at 250-667-4292 or [email protected]
Give Where You Live and join us in responding to the ongoing critical needs of our community.
A small gift each month makes a big impact in our community when we give together.
Additional ways to Give Where You Live
Cheques must be payable to the Nanaimo Foundation.
Note ‘Give Where You Live’ in the cheque memo line.
Mail cheque to the Nanaimo Foundation at PO Box 282 Stn A Nanaimo BC V9R 5K9
A charitable tax receipt will be mailed to you.
- On your bank account, set up Nanaimo Foundation as a new e-Transfer recipient:
- Name – Nanaimo Foundation
- Email – [email protected]
- Preferred Language – English
- Send e-Transfer by – Email (Nanaimo Foundation cannot accept e-Transfers by phone)
- On your bank account, send the e-Transfer to [email protected] and enter “Give Where You Live” in the message field. E-transfers sent to this email are automatically accepted, security questions are not required.
- Important: Send an email to [email protected] with your name and address so we know where to send the tax receipt.
- You will receive confirmation of receipt of your donation and we will issue you with a tax receipt.