Vital Fund Grants
Each year, grants are provided from the Vital Fund to registered charities serving the communities of Nanaimo, Ladysmith, Cedar, Gabriola Island and Lantzville in support of projects and programs that are addressing current community needs.
Vital Fund recipient organizations must:
- Be a registered charity or other qualified donee defined under the Income Tax Act;
- Operate within the geographical boundaries of Nanaimo-Ladysmith School District 68, which includes the communities of Nanaimo, Ladysmith, Cedar, Gabriola Island and Lantzville;
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility and effective management;
- Demonstrate inclusiveness and respect for diversity and equity.
The Vital Fund provides grants towards capital projects, pilot projects and program delivery.
The Vital Fund supports projects and programs:
- Where there is demonstrated need, likelihood of effectiveness, and potential to serve as a model to others;
- That build on the strengths of the community to respond to identified issues and priorities;
- Align with Nanaimo Foundation’s mission.
Nanaimo Foundation’s priorities for support are based on Vital Signs Report data and ongoing community needs assessment.
Click to review the full Vital Fund Grant Policies
If you have questions, please contact:
Email: [email protected]
Or book a 15 minute call by clicking here