On November 3rd, 2017, the Nanaimo Foundation will be once again participating in Random Act of Kindness Day®, recognizing simple acts of kindness and humanity throughout our community!
Last year, 260 communities across Canada championed this event. We invite you to help celebrate this special day this year!
Want to participate? Our Random Act of Kindness Day® cards are circulating around our community. These cards encourage the cardholder to perform a simple act of kindness for someone – a neighbour, a friend, a co-worker, or someone they don’t even know – and then hand the card over to that person – inspiring them to do the same for someone else.
Some great examples of how to use the Random Act of Kindness Cards are:
Pay it forward to your employees…
- Treat everyone to coffee and donuts in the morning.
- Allow your staff to leave a half hour early on November 3rd.
- Send an e-card to your employees letting them know how much you appreciate them.
Pay it forward to your co-workers…
- Share your “to die for” chocolate chip cookies with your cubicle mates.
- Offer to make the morning coffee run for everyone.
- Make a point of thanking a co-worker for their help on a recent project.
Pay it forward to someone you don’t even know…
- Purchase a coffee for someone at your local coffee shop
- Open and hold a door for someone.
- Pay the parking meter for someone if you see it’s getting low.
Need more ideas? Check out 101 Random Acts of Kindness via The Kitchener and Waterloo Community Foundation, which initiated Random Act of Kindness Day in 2008.
Random acts of kindness are a wonderful way to touch the lives of others, making our world a better place to live. Help spread the word and share your Random Acts of Kindness online through social media using the #rakday hashtag on both Twitter and Facebook!
Posters and cards are available at no charge. For more info or to get involved, phone us at 250.667.4292 or email [email protected].
Download the 2017 RAK Poster and RAK Card