Who We Support
To be considered for a Nanaimo Foundation grant, applicants:
- must be a registered charity or other qualified donee defined under the Income Tax Act
- must demonstrate fiscal responsibility and effective management
- should demonstrate inclusiveness and respect for cultural diversity
- should demonstrate a commitment to the project through a meaningful contribution of their own human and/or financial resources.
To be considered for a Nanaimo Foundation Vital Fund grant, applicants must meet all of the above criteria. Additionally:
- Applicants must currently operate within the geographical boundaries of Nanaimo-Ladysmith School District 68
- Only applications for capital and pilot projects will be considered.
If your organization is a “municipal or public body performing a function of government in Canada”, please note only registered municipal and public bodies included on the Canada Revenue Agency’s list will have qualified donee status. For more information, please refer to the CRA website.
The Nanaimo Foundation does not make grants of any kind to individuals or businesses, nor will we consider new requests from previous grantees that have not yet met all reporting requirements.